Registration and billing for OPD
Every patient wishing to avail the services of the Unity hospital has to get registered and gets a unique patient identification number. Registration and billing counters are present on the ground floor (24 hours) and first floor (9 am to 8 pm) near the OPD. The patient needs to pay for appointments and all other services in advance.
For appointments, please contact us on 0261-2607040, 0261-2607000, 0261-6107000.
Accidents and emergency
Our emergency department works around the clock 24×7. In case of any emergency, contact the casualty medical officer on 0261-2607000, 0261-6107000
We have two fully equipped ambulances and cardiac ambulance available for transporting patients to and from the hospital 24×7. For availing
Admission to Discharge
- Reservations can be made for bed classes (twin and above), operation theatres and day-care procedures on the admission department on ground floor
- We accept only cash, MasterCard and Visa credit/debit cards and online payments.
- While all efforts will be made to give you a bed/class of your choice, this may not always be possible.
- Only a surgeon/consultant can authorise cancellation or postponement of surgery on medical grounds and authorise a refund. Please contact the admission counter for all issues related to cancellation.
- Please bring along personal toiletries, slippers/footwear.
- Keep some cash with you in case of an emergency. Please safeguard your valuables and mobile phone.
- The hospital will not be liable for any loss of money or valuables.
- Please do not bring video cameras or other recording devices into the hospital. Video recording and taking photos on mobile is strictly prohibited
- If the bed class or location of your choice is not available at the time of admission, you may give your request to the admissions desk in writing and they will try their best to accommodate your request. We cannot promise a change in bed class or location as this depends strictly on bed availability and clinical condition of the patient.
- One 24 hour attendant and one visiting pass will be issued per patient. Patients and relatives are requested to co-operate and maintain the decorum of the hospital.
- Please keep all passes safely and hand over at the time of discharge as there will be a fine levied for the same.
- Tariffs are subject to revision without prior intimation.
- Emergency tariffs are applicable for services rendered beyond schedule timings.
- International tariffs are applicable to foreign nationals (Not holding INDIAN Passport).
- Emergency charges are applicable on Sundays and public holidays.
- The bed charge is calculated from 12 noon to 12 noon irrespective of the time of admission.
- Upgrade/downgrade of the class of bed affects your billing.
- When you move up to a higher class, the billing from day one will be as per the higher class.
- When you move down to a lower class, the billing from the day of transfer will be as per the lower class. Change in bed class after admission is done strictly as per bed availability.
- The patient may be transferred to a government/municipal hospital for non-payment or any other administrative reason.
- Interim bill statements will be made available to you on a daily basis. We would appreciate it if the amount accrued to your account is settled within 24 hours
- We request that only one relative be in the room with the patient.
- Visiting hours are between 11 am to 12 noon and 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on all days.
- Visitors must have visitor passes to go up to the wards.
- During surgery, we provide a single additional pass for a relative.
- Please help in keeping the noise levels low.
- When the patient is shifted to the critical care unit, relatives have to vacate the room.
- Consumption of alcohol, cigarettes, chewing gum and tobacco, as well as spitting, is strictly prohibited.
- A hygienic environment is essential for your health. Help us maintain our standards.
- Keep the toilets clean and dry.
- Use the dustbins for disposal of any waste.
- Housekeeping of In-patient rooms is done twice a day.
- The hospital kitchen is equipped to serve well-balanced vegetarian meals.
- Special diets will be served as prescribed by the doctor.
- All meals are planned and their preparation is supervised by trained and competent dieticians.
- No outside food is allowed, either for patients or patient’s attendants.
- The canteen on the ground floor is functional from 7.30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Clothes and Linen
- It is mandatory that patients wear hospital clothes.
- The hospital provides washed and clean linen to all patients.
- All patients are provided with bed and bath linen and we encourage the patient attendants to use the linen which we provide. Please avoid bringing in outside linen, as this may cause infection.
- For any additional requirement of linen, you may contact the ward nurse.
In house maintenance
- In case of any electrical faults with light switches, A/C, TV, etc., or plumbing items like showers, flushes etc., please inform the nurse on duty for assistance.
- Please do not attempt to shift or repair any electrical item.
- Do not touch the oxygen and suction pump equipment.
- The windows are locked. Do not attempt to open them.
- Use of mobile phones is restricted in patient-related areas.
- Discharge of the patient will be authorised as per the doctor’s opinion.
- In case the patient/relative wishes to be transferred to another hospital or be sent home against the advice of the doctor, the patient/relative would be required to sign a ‘Discharge against Medical Advice’ declaration and the hospital will not be held responsible for any change in the patient’s condition, thereafter.
- Your Summary Report/Discharge Card will be given to you by the floor staff at the time of discharge.
- Any refund will be paid by NEFT/RTGS within a period of one week.
- Children are not allowed as visitors in the hospital.
- The ward nurse or hospital official will issue a feedback form at the time of discharge. Please do take the time to let us know how we can serve you better.